[squeak-dev] MCSaveVersionDialog splitter broken

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Nov 17 18:20:29 UTC 2019

Hi, I perceived a similar issue a year ago, I'm afraid it appears to have been forgotten ...

I recently found a bug in the splitter class: Each time you mouseDown a splitter but not mouseMove it, it moves itself by delta=1. More concretely I could locate this during debugging in #balanceOffsets, where self layoutFrame leftFraction actually gets a larger value with every click. I was able to fix the problem by preventing every call to #balanceOffsets, but that doesn't seem to be the right solution. Since then, I haven't missed any splitter behavior, so I don't understand the point of this method.

Is there any reason why #fullDelta is set here?

In every case, I think it could be a good idea to refactor #balanceOffsets in terms of readability :-)

Best,
Christoph