[squeak-dev] MCSaveVersionDialog splitter broken

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Nov 18 08:20:23 UTC 2019

Hi, there.

I cannot solve this issue at the moment.

Here is some history about (the rather recently added) #balanceOffsets:

http://forum.world.st/A-fix-for-ProportionalSplitterMorph-td5072182.html

http://forum.world.st/A-fix-for-ProportionalSplitterMorph-take-2-td5072239.html

> one could expect that a Morph bounds is obtained by applying its layoutFrame to its owner bounds

That's exactly what's happening. See:

Morph >> #doLayoutIn:
ProportionalLayout >> #layoutIn:
Morph >> #layoutProportionallyInBounds:(positioning:)
LayoutFrame >> layout:in:

> for example the grip morphs have a very strange idea of their own layoutFrame

Yes, grip morphs are quite hacky. Their relationship to SystemWindow and that window's label area required some unconventional overrides of #layoutProportionallyInBounds:(positioning:)

Anyway, that issue with #balanceOffsets: does not bleed into all these things. It is just confined within ProportionalSplitterMorph. I suppose. :-D

Best,
Marcel