[squeak-dev] NetNameResolver gives spurious answers for images running 5.2 on x86 mac & 86 linux

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Nov 28 22:04:36 UTC 2019

Yeah, I know about the occasional issue there and perhaps it's the problem here. The interesting question is why my Pi has no problem whatsoever (maybe it has just the one ethernet thing?) but the mac & linuxX86 machines do.

Then the question for more practical purposes is how one can get any sort of meaningful IP number to satisfy the needs of a squeaksource server running on said linuxX86 machine. Setting it explicitly is terribly unsatisfying and of course unstable in the face of dhcp setups.

Also, if we can't have workable solution then we should probably remove the code that appears to provide one!

> On 2019-11-27, at 6:24 PM, Chris Cunnington <brasspen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Perhaps you would like to read this thread. I think the upshot is that you are expecting consistency where none is possible.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- COGITO EGGO SUM - I think; therefore, I am a waffle