[squeak-dev] Etoys infested by deprecation warnings

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Oct 25 16:20:35 UTC 2019

Could we raise kind of ParserNotification when a piece of deprecated syntax is detected, rather than calling #notify: in Scanner? We could design such an ObsoleteSyntaxNotification in a way that allows the user to abort or ignore the warning.

Then, maybe we could suppress this kind of notification when loading code from Metacello (using #on:do:).

Best,

Christoph