[squeak-dev] Infinite loop in TransformMorph>>#layoutBounds

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Sep 5 11:15:39 UTC 2019

Hi,

is this a bug or is it just me?

In my image, the following produces an infinite loop:

Morph new addFlexShell
hResizing: #shrinkWrap;
openInHand

I can stop it using cmdDot, but if I replace #openInHand with #openInWorld, my image freezes.

I have a vague idea of how this bug occurs, because a flex shell delegates the layouting to its owner but #shrinkWrap delegates it to its child ...

However, I find this is a quite harmful bug, so I would consider at least some preassertion a really good idea.

Best,

Christoph