[squeak-dev] Gateway Time-outs on source.squeak.org

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 00:00:11 UTC 2019

Hi Marcel,

I'm aware of the "Move to Trunk" performance problem.  I think it's an easy
fix, I just need to find time to do it and test it and deploy it.  The code
is not too bad if anyone else wants to take a crack at it.

   Installer new merge: #squeaksource

As for the other issue, I just checked on the server and, indeed, the Mutex
problem had struck again -- a bunch of backed up Process objects waiting on
the one synchronizing Mutex at the front of the line, stuck for the last 3
days.  Server requests since then were only waiting (stuck), and not
replying.  The server uses a 2016-era version of the Spur VM.

Best,
  Chris