[squeak-dev] cannot read file format 6521

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 17:37:05 UTC 2020

On 02/04/20 10:33 PM, stes wrote:
> MCHttpRepository
> 	location: 'http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker'
> 	user: ''
> 	password: ''

You may drop the user:/password: part to save typing. They default to ''
now.

> It alerts:
> *
> This package depends on the following classes:
>    FFIConstants
>    KlattResonatorIndices

I couldn't replicate this error. Did you get any network error while
first two packages in update-dtl.19.mcm. Could you try again?

> Do I have to resolve such dependencies manually or does "Monticello" do this
> somehow for me ??

No. Monticello does it. mcm stands for Monticello Configuration [1]. You
may "Browse" the update-dtl.19.mcm file to see its contents

[1] https://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6058

HTH .. Subbu