[squeak-dev] Squeak in FreeBSD

Edwin Ancaer eancaer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 17:38:32 UTC 2020

Tobias,

The updates you made solved the script isue. Nice.

perl was installed, but in /usr/local/bin. That seems the standard in
Freebsd.
Looking at it now, I should have found this myself. I was close, but jou
beat me to it by a few hours....

Now the next hurdle, a linker error. The library libiconv is not linked. I
suppose this is because the script is not finding all plug-ins, en libiconv
is linker by ons of this. I will now try to bind all plug-ins, and see if
the libiconv issue  gets solved.

Otherwise, I might need your help again. (I' m afraid this is the more
realistic scenario).

Thanks Alain towqb9ΔΊ

9IS/  lot,

Edwin,

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020, 13:17 Tobias Pape, <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> Dear Edwin
>
> > On 06.04.2020, at 09:10, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Edwin
> >
> >> On 06.04.2020, at 08:40, Edwin Ancaer <eancaer at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> It might be useful tho have the FreeBSD version:
> >> $ uname -a
> >> FreeBSD ottopedi 12.1-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p2 GENERIC  amd64
> >>
> >> The git version is:
> >> $ git --version
> >> git version 2.25.2
> >>
> >> As I read some posts about git and the smudge filter, indicating there
> have been problems with the filter and  git-lfs (for downloading large
> files from git-repository?),
> >> I installed that too, It did not help anyway.
> >> $ git-lfs --version
> >> git-lfs/2.10.0 (GitHub; freebsd amd64; go 1.14.1)
> >
> > Firs things first, I can reproduce on a FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p4.
> > Let me investigate.
> >

> Do you have Perl installed?
> When I try to run the filters manually, I get a different error message:
>
> $ .git_filters/RevDateURL.clean
> zsh: .git_filters/RevDateURL.clean: bad interpreter: /usr/bin/perl: no
> such file or directory
> zsh: exit 127   .git_filters/RevDateURL.clean
> $ which perl
> /usr/local/bin/perl
>

> So, I think, since /usr/bin/env is nearly everywhere, can you try with
> commit e8d286f96 (just pushed).
>
> HTH
>
> Best regards

        -Tobias