[squeak-dev] MacOS Saving and Loading Images

Eric Gade eric.gade at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 13:29:58 UTC 2020

Hello all,

Looking for some general advice about where the Squeak VM "looks" for
images when it boots up in MacOS. In Linux, if I simply rename my default
image, I will get a native file selector on boot asking me which image I
want to load, and it points to the default Squeak directory. I like this
behavior because I work with many different images. But on OSX, it seems
this doesn't work the same since the images are stored in the application
bundle. Instead, if I rename the default image, the file selector asks me
to load images from the Documents folder.

So I have a few questions:
- Is there a setting somewhere for pointing to a "correct" default image?
- Is there a setting for pointing to a specific directory to look for
images when no default is found?
- Is there some way to "Save as..." an image outside of the application
bundle?
- What strategies to others use here for managing multiple images in OSX?

Thanks!

--
Eric