[squeak-dev] Find and Replace with nothing does not work. Requires a space to get it to work

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Apr 15 13:18:43 UTC 2020

Hi Timothy!

Sorry for that inconvenience. Short workaround would be for you to select the piece of text, then delete it. Then hit [cmd]+[j] (or [alt]+[j]) to do that over and over again. That's the "inline find/replace" feature. :-)

The reason for your issue is that our UIManager does return an empty string if the user cancelled the input request. We should change that to nil. At the moment, TextEditor treats those empty strings as cancellation of the find/replace request.

Best,
Marcel