[squeak-dev] Sound recording

Bruce O'Neel bruce.oneel at pckswarms.ch
Fri Apr 17 09:53:00 UTC 2020

Hi all,
It seems that in 5.3, on 64 bit MacOS, does not do sound recording.
It must have worked in the past because I have the small snippets of code in my notes files that have

a := SoundRecorder new.
a clearRecordedSound.
a resumeRecording.
a pause.
a playback.

It all works, except nothing is played back because all the values deep in SoundRecorder are 0.

Was this a 32 bit plugin that does not quite work in 64 bit problem?

The Security and Confidentiality control panel does not show that Squeak has asked to use the microphone either.

Thanks.

cheers

bruce