[squeak-dev] Broken 5.3 downloads need fixing

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Apr 17 23:43:20 UTC 2020

The VM included in the 5.3 package for the ARM linux systems is fatally broken due to a code generator bug; we had various discussions about the issue in mid-March. We also noticed a problem with the bitBLT code for all platforms that was fixed by VMMaker.oscog-nice.2732

We really need to push the magic buttons to replace the ARM package in order for it to run at all; updating the other platforms to fix bitBLT would be nice. A quick test of the next available VM on bintray suggests that the https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/download_file?file_path=squeak.cog.spur_linux32ARMv6_202003291024.tar.gz version is functional - but maybe we want to use the latest?

What needs doing to solve this for the download page?

tim
Useful random insult:- On permanent leave of absence from his senses.