[squeak-dev] DynamicObjects

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Apr 18 18:21:57 UTC 2020

> On 2020-04-18, at 11:16 AM, Jakob Reschke <forums.jakob at resfarm.de> wrote:
>
> Would be nice for mock objects indeed. For everything else, well it is not so much Smalltalk, rather Self or JavaScript, but without their syntax (and maybe without prototype inheritance). Could be interesting and I am not particularly against it, but users should know that this is not basic Smalltalk. It might "delude" beginners if they get confronted with it too early.

Yeah; this seems a good place to remind people of the old but very important programming aphorism -
"Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing code. So if you write the cleverest code you can..."

My advice - if you can't create a tool to help use a neat new trick you just came up with, that will allow other more mortals to make sense of it; don't foist the neat trick on us. We already have way too many things that are hard to follow, find, understand, use, etc  - and that's just in the squeak image!

tim
Strange OpCodes: LOW: Launch on Warning