[squeak-dev] [Vm-dev] Looking for a new VM release candidate (was: Broken 5.3 downloads need fixing)

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 04:44:15 UTC 2020

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 8:39 AM Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>
wrote:

> Hi Tim!
>
> Yes, let's make a new VM release to be used in Squeak 5.3 and 6.0alpha. I
> think we should start this dicussion on vm-dev, so I cross-post this.
>
> Once we find a new candidate that was build after March 24 to fix the ARM
> bug you mentioned, we can update the CI and the bundles. (
> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/releases)
>
> That new release will then be copied over to the CI's base files:
> http://files.squeak.org/base/
>
> Once the new bundles are produced...
> http://files.squeak.org/5.3/
> http://files.squeak.org/6.0alpha/
> ...we can update squeak.org.
>
> But first things first: We need to find a new release candidate for the VM
> to be tested at least a week. Tim proposed the following version:
>
> 202003291024
>
> Eliot? Nicolas? Any thoughts on this?

Can we please use

CoInterpreter VMMaker.oscog-eem.2741 uuid:
809e8b1f-fe07-4d33-bfc1-db9e5ab13a99 Apr 15 2020
StackToRegisterMappingCogit VMMaker.oscog-eem.2739 uuid:
b15f5d3d-0493-4edc-a9d3-4775bb9a21e5 Apr 15 2020
VM: 202004192151 CommitHash: 6e5241e

?

This has this one change that I'd like to be in the VM:

    Spur: Make sure that becomeForward: answers a useful error code for
read-only targets (when copyHash is true).

--
best, Eliot