[squeak-dev] Installer metacello

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Thu Apr 30 09:00:33 UTC 2020

> On 30.04.2020, at 10:57, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>
> Installer has a very big advantage: its name. That name is descriptive und discoverable. We should benefit from that and evolve Installer into something we all like. :-)

This is its disadvantage: it means too many different things to different people at different levels.
I hold that it is _not_ descriptive in that way :)

I think: If you want to use new Smalltalk software via Metacello, use "Metacello new ...", regardless of the Smalltalk you're using.

Best regards
	-Tobias