[squeak-dev] Squeak News from 2001

John-Reed Maffeo jrmaffeo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 02:12:40 UTC 2020

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 6:48 PM Vanessa Freudenberg <vanessa at codefrau.net>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Squeak News was a multimedia e-zine published by Tansel Ersavas in 2001 as
> Squeak images on CD-ROM. Each issue contains contributions from many people
> in our community. I build a web viewer using SqueakJS:
> https://smalltalkzoo.computerhistory.org/SqueakNews/index.html
>
> The source code is on GitHub:
> https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeaknews
> Contributions welcome!
>
> If you find something that doesn't work correctly, please file a bug
> report on github.
>
> Enjoy!
> Vanessa
>
> I'm copying the table of contents below:
>
> <snip>

I thoroughly enjoyed reading these issues of 'Squeak News'. It reminded me
of the reason that I got hooked on Squeak. The people, the energy, and the
vision were all very compelling. So much has changed since then, but there
is still a wonderful reservoir of people, energy and vision which keeps
driving Squeak forward.
(Note: I am bottom posting as an homage to the early internet pioneers who
understood how email and email threads should work ;-)

- jrm

--
John-Reed Maffeo