[squeak-dev] Git and Tonel (and Magritte)

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Wed Aug 26 09:45:03 UTC 2020

Hi Eliot,

Am Mi., 26. Aug. 2020 um 11:20 Uhr schrieb Eliot Miranda
<eliot.miranda at gmail.com>:

> If we go with Tonel then we must change it to support method timestamps.  I have a change set that does this (it is a trivial change).  And my changes are controlled by a class variable so that the same code can produce Pharo format or a slightly modified format that includes method timestamps.
>
> What I don’t understand is why Esteban Lorenzano refuses to accept my changes and allow Tonel to be used either with or without method timestamps.

Method timestamps produce merge conflicts inevitably. Can you re-post
your changeset here?
https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak-tonel/issues Then we could
discuss whether to include it at least in the Squeak version. As we
have heard from Mariano some time ago, VA Smalltalk also puts its
dialect-specific metadata in the Tonel format, so Squeak would not be
the first to do so.

Kind regards,
Jakob