[squeak-dev] TTCFont >> flushCachedValues

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com
Wed Aug 26 14:20:01 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'm looking at the image-side DPI-change code, namely TextStyle >>
pixelsPerInch:.

The broadcast of the change is fine. But the handler in TTCFont is
subtly wrong, I think.

 - I believe instance variables height, ascent, descent have to be nil'd
   as part of pixelsPerInchChanged. Is that right? Without nil'ing them,
   my TTCFonts don't resize properly.

 - This suggests flushCachedValues, which has NO SENDERS (!), should be
   folded into flushCache. Does that sound right?

 - Finally, if both the above hold, then pixelsPerInchChanged should be
   calling flushCache instead of recreateCache. Does that sound right?

I'll be running for a few days with these changes in my image, to see if
there are any obvious problems with them.

But, before I push a commit out to Trunk, if I could get a thumbs-up
from someone who knows a bit about the font subsystem, that'd be great!

Regards,
  Tony