[squeak-dev] Thank Eliot Miranda!

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 17:08:04 UTC 2020

Hi Ken, Hi Tony, Hi All,

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 7:26 AM <ken.dickey at whidbey.com> wrote:

> > Many thanks to those who recently landed the ARMv8 build of Cog. (Per
> the commit history I think the main person responsible was Ken Dickey?
> Thanks Ken!)
>
> That was 99.997% Eliot.  I just got the vm-display-fbdev up with
> libevdev on Raspi3/4 & LePotato.

Ken, it feels to me much closer to 50/50.  You actually wrote the code and
did the testing to get the FFI working.  Yes I helped you because it's my
framework and my architecture, but you learned it and made it work.  But
you *were* & *are* instrumental in realizing the ARMv8 VM.  Thank you.  In
fact I'm extending your structs-passed-in-registers code right now to cope
with HFAs (homogenous float arrays with four or fewer elements).  Once we
have the JIT fully working then I can take some more credit, but you've
supported me with crucial testing.

Great thanks to Eliot !!!

and to Ken!!

> -KenD