[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-mt.1018.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Dec 10 07:02:05 UTC 2020

> [...] after its index in the field list.

Would it make sense to show that (fabricated) index at all? It is a set ... Or do you mean the character code, which you wanted to see in the value pane.. Hmm...

Here are the representations we have for elements in a character set:

- an index (fabricated via #do:)
- Character >> #printOn:
- Character >> #printAsLiteralOn: (used in #printOn: for meaningful visual rendering)
- Character >> #asInteger (aka. character code)

So? :-D

Best,
Marcel
Am 09.12.2020 20:39:57 schrieb Craig Latta <craig at blackpagedigital.com>:

> Hmm... we could show the character code in either the field list or
> the value pane .. what do you prefer?

The value pane... but if the character has a meaningful visual
rendering, I'd appreciate it seeing it in parentheses after its index in
the field list.

-C

--
Craig Latta :: research computer scientist
Black Page Digital :: Berkeley, California