[squeak-dev] Raspberry Pi 4 performance

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Feb 8 20:04:54 UTC 2020

Just FYI - the Pi 4 is showing Squeak benchmarks around 3X faster than a Pi 3+, which raises it to a bit better than 25% the performance of my fast i7 iMac. considering that it costs less than the mouse attached to the iMac I think that makes it pretty good value.

Oh, and this is running a very old 4.6 image with the benchmark suites loaded, so I hope a newer image might be at least a little faster. And it is running the 32bit cog VM since it has the vanilla 32bit Raspbian installed for now. We'll see what happens with a 64bit OS and cog sometime soon...

tim
"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he reached for the reset button