[squeak-dev] VM rendering on Windows looks weird after saving the image

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Feb 18 08:27:39 UTC 2020

Hi all,

some of my images take a very long time to save, despite SSD, often more than 10 seconds. Image file is 700M and changes file 90M. During saving the image, the VM does not react so Windows is diagnosing Squeak might have hung up. It would be nice to show some kind of (VM-side?) progress bar instead ...

However, the actual problem is how my host window looks after the saving is complete and the VM comes alive again:

[cid:f39617a4-5cf1-4c8a-aa33-97e8e80a269c]

I can see this quite often after saving large image files. This state remains for around one second, then I can proceed using the image as usual.

Best,

Christoph