[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-ct.1306.mcz

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Feb 24 12:00:33 UTC 2020

[cid:084075db-8988-4e49-b34e-36946fb932bf]

This is such a small change that I wonder whether we could treat is as a bugfix and include it into the release?

By the way: The previous bug when debugging OaM was another instance of the debugger chain issue which could be avoided when loading the proposed patch<http://forum.world.st/I-broke-the-debugger-tp5110752p5111016.html>.

> [1] "The [Objects as Methods] contract is that, when the VM encounters an ordinary object (rather than a compiled method) in the method dictionary during lookup, it sends it the special selector #run:with:in: providing the original selector, arguments, and receiver.". DOI: 10.1145/2991041.2991062.

I am aware of the fact this is not the best reference for the documentation of VM features. Please feel free to draw my attention to any more official reference of this protocol! :-)

Best,
Christoph