[squeak-dev] [BUG] Browsing uniclasses

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Feb 24 13:37:36 UTC 2020

Hi all,

there is another small bug IWLT fix for the release:

[cid:aa5eb5d7-bdf8-4287-ab79-d2f540ce587e]

The message [category] list is empty.

At first glance, Browser >> #hasClassSelected is erroneous because it hardcodes Smalltalk instead of the displayed environment:

hasClassSelected

^ selectedClassName notNil and: [(Smalltalk classNamed: selectedClassName) notNil]

Is my assumption correct that there should be almost zero references to Smalltalk in Browser & Co.?
Now I have to ask the question of whether you should use self environment or self selectedEnvironment here. What's the difference?

Best,
Christoph