[squeak-dev] Infinite dialog loop in authorinitials

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Feb 25 18:38:03 UTC 2020

It shouldn't result in a default; it should raise an exception. This dialogue is used in several places and if the user cancels then the operation that caused the dialogue should handle the exception to do sometihng more meaningful; cancel the SystemNavigation>>#browseMyChanges for example.

> On 2020-02-25, at 9:25 AM, Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
> If we choose a default value, I would vote for 'xyz'. It's more obvious than "anon" IMO ...
> However, the use cases for not entering user initials should be very rare, shouldn't they? It would be a pity if people "clicked that pop up away" and committed to what repository/changeset ever all under the same default value. Why can't we leave the situation as is?
>
> Best,
> Christoph

tim
The best packed information most resembles random noise.