[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 5.3 RC1

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Feb 26 10:13:18 UTC 2020

Hi all!

> The Guardians game does not run in the 64bit version - it crashes immediately.

That's unfortunate. We should look into it. Maybe this points to a bigger issue in the VM?

> this is probably not an issue for 5.3, but can we sign the executable files for the next time?

Already signed for macOS. We did look into signing Windows binaries in the past. Wasn't that easy; too many different things to sign for (code, binary, etc.). Maybe it got better? Squeak e.V. Germany would be happy to help if we need an organization behind such certification.

> Attempting to go fullscreen (by clicking button in top right corner of squeak header menu) completely freezes the system on OSX 10.15.1 Catalina

Whoops! Should not happen! We will look into it.

;-) Calm down. Take a deep breath. ;-)   ------  This is obviously not intended and we will fix it. The issue was in ReleaseBuilder class >> #cleanCaches and ClassOrganizer class >> #cleanUp: not being silent regarding the SystemChangeNotifier. I fixed it and will commit the changes as part of RC2 asap. ---- I will move ReleaseBuilder-dtl.206 to "treated".

> Furthermore, we have two empty changesets:
> The third change set is called 'Autogenerated-unload' and is empty. I don't know where this change set came from, but it does not need to be in the release image.

Fixed. Will be part of RC2. The issue was in ReleaseBuilder class >> #cleanCaches.

> It might be better if the home project change set to be named 'The home project' rather than 'Unnamed1'.

Let's try that! Makes the label button in the world main docking bar more readable.

Best,
Marcel
Am 26.02.2020 10:35:34 schrieb Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net>:
> http://files.squeak.org/5.3rc1/Squeak5.3rc1-19414-64bit/
> Please give them a try and report any issues here on the mailing list.
The Guardians game does not run in the 64bit version - it crashes
immediately.

Guardians:
http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/guardians.htm

Code:
http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/guardians/Guardians-builder-0.94.sar

(to see the crash, just install the above sar and follow the
instructions for starting the game)

Stef