[squeak-dev] Withdrawing submissions from inbox (was: The Inbox: Collections-cmm.870.mcz)

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Sun Jan 5 10:19:09 UTC 2020

Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> schrieb am So., 5. Jan. 2020, 01:48:

> The older 870 was treated before I made the new one.

Alright then, nothing to worry about this time.

This is a "what if" type of issue.
What if you were not a Trunk committer and couldn't have treated it
yourself? What would have been the safe procedure to avoid a merge of the
older 870 (and I assume your later version would have been called 871 in
that case)? My point is that this approach requires discipline not only
while "managing" the ancestry prior to the renewed submission to inbox, but
also at some other place and time.