[squeak-dev] Annoying list morph selection/menu click bug

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Jan 6 10:55:17 UTC 2020

Hmm... the actual reason for ENABLING that preference by default is that it saves you a click on many occasions. Just yellow-click a selector, for example, and pick an option. No need for an additional red click.

Even better: YELLOW mouse down, mouse move to the desired menu item, YELLOW mouse up and you are done with a single click. :-D

Best,

Marcel
Am 30.12.2019 22:37:12 schrieb Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com>:

Le lun. 30 déc. 2019 à 22:31, Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net [mailto:lecteur at zogotounga.net]> a écrit :

> Of course, as soon as I hit send I notice the preference 'Menu request updates list/tree selection.

... which I would vote to be set to false by default.

Stef

This preference is matching the feel of M$ Windows UI...
Some Windows afficionado might want it, in order to have consistent feel across apps.
I don't see why we should impose M$ as the default.