[squeak-dev] Closing modal dialogs...

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Wed Jan 15 07:41:13 UTC 2020

Sounds to me like you don't really want a modal dialog :-)

How would the control flow of the code invoking the dialog look like when
"something" interrupts and closes it? Modal invocations provide a
synchronous interface for user input after all. If a window had to
terminate a process to be able to quit an application that displays a modal
dialog, I would think some abstraction is leaking.

Anyway as a precondition modal dialogs would need to know their parent
windows or morphs, or the other way around. I don't think they currently
do. Our modal dialogs currently affect the whole world (unlike in native
applications), don't they?

Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> schrieb am Di., 14. Jan. 2020,
03:00: