[squeak-dev] WG: Your message to Beginners awaits moderator approval

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jan 17 14:05:35 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 12:49:38PM +0000, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
> Does your critic apply to 10 or 50 MB as well? It's so impractical to have a mailing list that does not support sending screenshots.

Yes it does.

For me, opening the attached graphics is an annoyance, especially when
I find out that the attachment contains something that could just as
easily have been said in a couple of lines of text. So I end up just
ignoring many of those messages and deleting the attachments.

By way of explanation, I keep a separate gmail account for junk mail,
and I use lewis at mail.msen.com for things that I care about, such as
Squeak. I will often bounce things with interesting graphics over to
gmail, but postings that contain lots of casual screen shot attachments
just get deleted, sorry.

Dave