[squeak-dev] The Inbox: System-ct.1131.mcz

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Sun Jan 19 12:31:40 UTC 2020

In addition to what I wrote, maybe take a look at PackagePaneBrowser.

Am So., 19. Jan. 2020 um 13:10 Uhr schrieb Thiede, Christoph <
Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>:

> You mean Kernel-Objects?

There is no such thing in the Trunk repository.

> What is the reason we have defined these overlapping packages?

I don't think there is a reason except for mistakes, or splitting up or
merging packages later.

> Still, what I would like to make possible with this feature is to browse
> all extensions of Tools-Inspector, for example -- which is not an extra
> package, but only a system category. Personally, I would find this quite
> useful in certain situations.

What exactly do you want to see? List all extension methods on classes in
the selected category? Or find all extension methods outside of the
selected category? The latter does not make sense without a package. The
former does not match the code you posted, as far as I understand it.

> Should we maybe just create a temporary package for this use case, on the
> fly when #allExtensionsOfSystemCategory: is called? Or would this be
> _too_ hacky? ^^

In both of the cases above, I think it does not make sense to create a
temporary package. The package is Tools, so it does not make sense to
search for extensions provided by Tools-Inspector, does it? To find
extension methods on classes in Tools-Inspector, you don't need a package.

Kind regards,
Jakob