[squeak-dev] Changeset: forceString.1.cs

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Jan 20 20:18:32 UTC 2020

This changeset proposes an additional property for PluggableTextMorph/PluggableTextSpec, named #forceString. If it is activated, any formattings will be erased from the text morph instantly.

This can be useful for widgets that are not actually designed to accept texts and thus display a heap of unwanted formattings. An example is the SearchBar, which at least in my image too often looks totally misstyled after several copy'n'paste operations:

[cid:4dc50742-4fb0-49c7-8e91-e28c30faaff0]

(Or should maybe use a text styler there, instead?)

Another, probably better example is FillInTheBlankMorph. As it only returns a string, there is no need to display styled texts.

How would you think about it? Please let me know. :-)

Best,

Christoph