[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Monticello-eem.709.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 05:38:39 UTC 2020

Hi Chris,

   you may have the use case backwards. Here's what happened today.  I
opened Guille's VMMaker.oscog-GuillermoPolito.2676 which is in VMMakerInbox
and was shown many thousands of methods which said "different only in
timestamps".  My task was to find the methods that were not* different only
in time stamps.  I did this by implementing the filter operation (revert
unchanged methods spends a lot of time doing nothing; it does not remove
the noise).  Once I could see the four methods that differed other than by
timestamp (two of mine, two of Guille's) I could load Guille's methods,
effecting a manual merge.  I then committed something that didn't inherit
from VMMaker.oscog-GuillermoPolito.2676 (because if I did it would
introduce all those noisy non-differences), but did include the relevant
changes.  Does the menu item  make more sense now?

--
best, Eliot