[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Monticello-cmm.726.mcz

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 03:54:43 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 7:59 PM Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jun 2020, Chris Muller wrote:
>
> > Hi Eliot,
> > The order of repositories is part of the model, sorting them
> conceptually breaks a couple of MC's use-cases.  Would list-filtering help
> you find the repository you seek amongst your list of 40 repositories?
>
> What model is it part of?

Monticello's.  MCWorkingCopyBrowser's.

> And if it is, how come the GUI doesn't let you change that order?

It's "demote to bottom" on the menu.  But it seemed to have gotten broke
due to the #repositories list always being sorted.

My hope is that Eliot's use-case is for only when there are no
WorkingCopy's selected, thus showing _all_ repositories -- because we can
sort that output.  But sorting as far as when an individual WorkingCopy is
selected, it breaks one or two use cases.

 - Chris