[squeak-dev] We need to talk about graphics

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Fri Jul 3 15:58:58 UTC 2020

> If you could only choose one of these, which would you choose?

If new modern, faster, but opaque graphics system is implemented, then
it does not have to replace the existing, fully accessible one, it can
just complement it (being available via a specific Canvas subclass, and
able to deliver a Form on demand). There is no need to have an
opposition here. Just as we have Morphic *and* MVC, we can have BitBlt
*and* a bridge to an opaque backend for people interested in that kind
of performance.

As for me, I am interested in both.

Stef