[squeak-dev] Squeak on Ubuntu 18.04 desktop

Vanessa Freudenberg vanessa at codefrau.net
Fri Jul 3 21:19:10 UTC 2020

My guess is that Squeak is missing some property on its window that the X
window manager uses to identify apps. The VM adds several properties to the
window, but the standards keep evolving. See the latest wm-spec
https://specifications.freedesktop.org
It's also possible that the desktop entry needs additional properties. That
entry is not provided by the vm itself (I think) but added by the
debian/ubuntu maintainers. You may have to edit yours.
That said, I myself have used linux only on servers recently (*), so I am
somewhat out of the loop.

Vanessa

(*) as in, the last decade