[squeak-dev] squeak logging package(s)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jul 10 20:11:23 UTC 2020

> On 2020-07-10, at 2:40 AM, Trygve Reenskaug <trygver at ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>
> I once did a VW program that logged the messages received by the instances of a class.

That's an interesting attack on a slightly different problem than mine; but I like the idea. If I needed to log the entire message flow I'd probably use a subclass of the simulator these days. A fast machine can simulate with bearable interactive performance, which is amazing.

> On 2020-07-10, at 12:44 PM, Robert Withers via Squeak-dev <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> I would take this opportunity to point out the TraceMonitor [1] package in Cryptography.

That looks interesting, and since I am already loading the cryptography package it will be easy to just include. I'll see how it goes!

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Re vera, potas bene = Say, you sure are drinking a lot.