[squeak-dev] Squot and Github

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Sat Jul 11 06:42:51 UTC 2020

Hi Eric:

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 2:07 AM Eric Gade <eric.gade at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a project I've been working on using Squot and the new Git tools and pushing to a repository I have on Github. The repository is private but works with my username and password. I have been successfully pushing commits to it for a couple of weeks from the same image. This includes commits that I made yesterday. But today, suddenly, I am no longer able to push to my remote. Instead, I get the error in the attached image.

Sorry to hear you're having issues pushing to remote from your image.
I have no idea what's going on, maybe renew your access token and try
again? What OS/VM/image are you using?

> Note that I have not changed any Github settings or anything like that. So I'm not sure what has changed or what's going on. Any ideas?  Is anyone else having this issue? If I wish to find a way to "back out" of using Squot, is there some way to convert everything to Monticello (filetree) and just push it manually from my terminal?

No need to back out of using Squot just yet: when you added your
project, the GitBrowser asked you for a local directory. Although
Squot does not touch the working copy on the filesystem (the files
that end up on GitHub), it does keep the repository metadata
(everything in .git) in sync. So that means you can just push from
your terminal from your filesystem repository. This use case is one of
many reasons why Squot asks for a local directory.

Hope this helps,
Fabio