[squeak-dev] Short Stack exception presentation (was Re: Dual screen?)

Robert Withers robert.withers at pm.me
Sun Jul 12 17:38:23 UTC 2020

On 6/26/20 2:37 PM, Robert Withers wrote:

> On 6/26/20 1:55 PM, Robert Withers wrote:
>
>> Closer to my heart, at this point are my questions and request for help
>> in splitting off a pruned stack for an exception, to unblock the event
>> loop yet still allow introspection of an error, or a halt. Here is what
>> I wrote. Tim, might you be able to advise me here?
>>
>> *
>>
>> lost
>>
>> *
>>
>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2020-June/210452.html

The requirements for exceptions within an event loop are:

- Copy stack
- Restart eventLoop
- Prune stack/Create Continuation
- Open Debugger
- When Proceeded, reschedule EventualMessageSend, on the Continuation, in the vat queue.

Would someone please help me here? I am a little lost. I appreciate you!

Kindly,
rabbit