[squeak-dev] I/O in latest Squeak

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Jul 13 15:21:59 UTC 2020

Hi Robert,

I cannot directly reply but a datapoint:
On a PiZeroW an idle Squeak 5.3 uses 15+ % CPU. Also if the Window is
minimized. That does not look event driven but maybe tightvnc plays a
role here too.

Otherwise it runs fine over months at 60 % CPU 24/7 on an A+ since 2014.
Outside between -20 and +40 ^C. That's 5.1 currently. I can really
recommend using Squeak on a Pi. Unless that constant CPU load cannot be
accepted.

Cheers,

Herbert