[squeak-dev] squeak.sh appears unable to allow specifying a project/file

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 07:29:35 UTC 2020

On 18/07/20 11:19 pm, tim Rowledge wrote:
>> On 2020-07-18, at 4:32 AM, K K Subbu<kksubbu.ml at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Let me know if you need examples.
> I'd love some examples so that the info is 'on the record' in a place
> likely to get searched. Getting all this in the swiki would be a boon
> too.

The XDG files depend on the package manager and desktop manager which is
why I didn't add them to swiki.

Here are the files I use for Ubuntu 16.04 (64bit). I store squeak
related launchers in /opt/share/bin to keep the OS and my apps on
separate volumes, so I have to modify .xsessionrc to include this path.
bashrc is not sufficient because GUI programs may not start a shell.
----- .xsessionrc ------
case "$PATH" in
	*/opt/share/bin:*) ;;
	*) PATH=/opt/share/bin:$PATH ;;
esac
------------------------
(Logout and login to read this .rc file)

I then copy squeak5.png icon into /usr/share/pixmaps and then install
the desktop file with:

----- squeak-vm.desktop ----
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Squeak VM
Exec=run %F
Icon=squeak
Categories=Development;
MimeType=application/spur-image;application/cog-image;application/stack-image;application/squeak-image;application/cog64-image;application/spur64-image;application/squeak64-image
$ xdg-desktop install squeak-vm.desktop

The mimes are generated as explained in the thread:

  http://forum.world.st/magic-decode-for-image-files-td4941712.html

HTH .. Subbu