[squeak-dev] squeak logging package(s)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jul 20 01:49:12 UTC 2020

Well, a bit of confusion seems to have set in here wrt loafin Toothpick.

The Squeakmap entry loads the oldest version, Toothpick-tbn.1
There are a number of much newer versions and that includes a ConfigurationOf... so I tried

Installer squeaksource
    project: 'Toothpick';
    install: 'ConfigurationOfToothpick'.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfToothpick) load

Which worked to load the newer code. It still required the small DateAndTime related patches to pass most of the SUnits, and now three TimestampFormatTestCase test fail for reasons I haven't looked at yet.

I'm currently a touch puzzled about how to load extra bits like the syslog code (clearly one could do Installer ss project: 'Toothpick'; load:... etc but that seems like bypassing what surely ought to be part of the ConfiguratonOf... stuff?) and also where I might contribute the DateAndTime patches without breaking anything. Does Pharo have different structure for DateAndTime, for example?

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Sic faciunt omnes. = Everyone is doing it.