[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Monticello-cmm.726.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 19:29:32 UTC 2020

Hi Chris,

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 4:28 PM Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Eliot,
>
> The order of repositories is part of the model, sorting them conceptually
> breaks a couple of MC's use-cases.  Would list-filtering help you find the
> repository you seek amongst your list of 40 repositories?

Perhaps, but having a rational sort order makes the most sense.  I've just
got annoyed, and calmed down, as I had to add trunk to one of my packages
and couldn't find it easily in the list.  I have to admit I found your
reverting of my sorting passive aggressive.  This is a real issue for me.
I would have liked to see us fix the issues that introducing sorting
added.  I don't see how anyone can deal with a complex configuration with
the apparently arbitrary and unsorted list we have now.  So I'm reraising
this as a real issue.  Can you explain your commit comment for
Monticello-cmm.726, "Revert incorrect implementation of sorting
repositories, because it broke "demote to bottom" which broke "browse
revisions" and "browse origin"."?  How and why does it break these things?
 ow and why do they rely on the unsorted order?

--
best, Eliot