[squeak-dev] 5.3, focus follows mouse, image "save as..."

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Fri Jul 31 17:14:25 UTC 2020

On Jul 31, 2020, at 8:20 AM, Tim Johnson wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2020, at 1:12 AM, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
>
>> No, it is actually unrelated to the preference "mouse over for
>> keyboard focus". Something else is going on in your image or
>> platform. :-)
>>

> OK, thanks.  I guess I should have tried more permutations of VM and
> image and keyboards before posting.
>
> "But it works in 5.2..."  Hmm.

Yes, upon further contemplation, and with the input that it doesn't
happen on other platforms, I think I must have been running into the
"modifier keys get stuck when Cmd-Tab is hit to switch away from
Squeak on OS X" issue.  So, while I thought I was hitting "return",
the image actually thought I was hitting opt-return, or cmd-return, or
shift-return, etc.  This issue was so prevalent on macOS / OS X that I
actually got into the habit of hitting shift - ctrl - option - cmd in
rapid succession whenever switching back to Squeak using Cmd-Tab.  But
I've forgotten about the issue lately because I've been using other
environments.

This issue is also why I wrote ModifierKeysMorph:  https://github.com/tcj/ModifierKeysMorph
    :)

Thanks, and sorry for the noise.