[squeak-dev] Help: pluggable widgets for forms

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 17:57:33 UTC 2020

On 05/06/20 10:32 pm, tim Rowledge wrote:
> I suspect that Subbu is looking for sometihng in the toolbuilder
> world; and it correct that there isn't anything therein. ToolBuilder
> is pretty much solely set up to make the basic programming tools
> right now.

Yes, Tim. I was trying to build a tool to view the state of a simulated
vm - displayForm, activeContext etc.

Essentially, I was looking for a pluggable widget and model that would
show a live view of displayForm scaled to fit the frame as the window
gets resized. So that rules out Christoph hacks.

Doing "displayForm asMorph ..." or "(ImageMorph new image:myForm)
openInWindow" as Karl suggested is quite tedious :-(.

Such a widget would also be useful in an inspector.

Regards .. Subbu