[squeak-dev] Help: pluggable widgets for forms

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 16:58:23 UTC 2020

On 05/06/20 10:32 pm, tim Rowledge wrote:
> I suspect that Subbu is looking for sometihng in the toolbuilder world; and it correct that there isn't anything therein. ToolBuilder is pretty much solely set up to make the basic programming tools right now.
>
> It*shouldn't*  be too hard to add a bitmap viewing pane to the system. I like to hope, anyway...

Poking around in the latest Spur64VMMaker, I found a previous attempt by
tty and eem to develop a SimulatorMorph for StackInterpreter. It appears
to be abandoned and a simpler morph (openAsMorph) is being used for
CogVMInterpreter.

Possibly because of its complexity in trying to combine two separate
morphs - vm controller and vm console into one window. Having them
separate would have been easier as the vm console morph is dynamic in
size and contents.

Thanks to all those who responded to my queries. I found a lot of good
stuff already in Morphic. Form>>hackBits: wraps a form around bits in a
byte array. OLPCVirtualScreen, OLPCVirtualSensor show virtualization of
display and input.

I wish there was a Help->Morphic Classes - a guide through the various
concepts illustrated by Morphs that is kept in sync with each update. An
in-image guide with live links will be easier to read and simpler to
keep in sync than Swiki pages.

Regards .. Subbu