[squeak-dev] Another oddity

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Jun 11 08:10:26 UTC 2020

> Is the field morph really required?

It is just more user-friendly. A search dialog usually as a text field to type something into. That said, I am against adding such fields in a system browser because they would occupy too much screen space. :-D So, I am rather indecisive about this matter... :'(

Best,
Marcel
Am 11.06.2020 09:21:42 schrieb K K Subbu <kksubbu.ml at gmail.com>:
On 11/06/20 12:02 pm, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> One could forward #textEdited: from the input field to set the list's
> item filter. Yet, there is no way to forward a "filter changed" event to
> the text field. Well, you could choose to only install the
> keyboard-event filter for the list morph and combine that with
> #textEdited:. Then you would spread the sync code across 2 methods, but
> you could improve the user experience. :-)
Marcel,

Is the field morph really required? class/method lists in browser don't
use one to filter the displayed list. Just pop up a list morph with all
classes and let the list morph do the filtering like in class/method
panes. The dialog window only needs to intercept enter/escape from the
list morph. choose/cancel buttons may also be dropped.

Regards .. Subbu