[squeak-dev] Another oddity

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri Jun 12 15:42:29 UTC 2020

Hi Trygve.

> Isn't the changed/update mechanism between a StringMorph and filter better known and simpler?

Yes, if the list would signal "self changed: #filterTerm", the model could pass then on to the search field via a custom #update:. But usually the pluggable widgets in Squeak call models directly while models use #changed: to talk to widgets.

Anyway, another goal is to "turn off" that filter reset in the list morph after X milliseconds. It is not just the synchronization between list and field.

Best,
Marcel