[squeak-dev] Starting an image from SqueakConsole manipulates pwd

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Sat Jun 13 20:46:10 UTC 2020

Hi Tim,

In the FileSystem API you can set a current directory for each FileSystem
object. But it also has "locator" objects, such as home directory, image
directory, VM directory, and a few more. You can resolve relative paths or
relative file/directory references against such a locator or location to
get resolved references. Is that what you mean?

In addition to that, what you wrote makes sense to me: GUI applications, or
rather non-shell applications (think of services/daemons) should not depend
on a current working directory. But if Squeak becomes a script interpreter
or command line utility with --doit and such, it suddenly is a shell
application and should therefore consider the shell's working directory,
/not/ the image's directory in my opinion.

Kind regards,
Jakob