[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-mt.978.mcz

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Sat Jun 13 21:17:44 UTC 2020

Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> schrieb am
Sa., 13. Juni 2020, 14:58:

> There are already too many tools in the dark outside of Squeak that lack a
> proper self-description.

In my opinion the Smalltalk tools are also not self-describing. You
typically need an introduction to use them, or did you know what those four
panes in the browser are for from the very beginning? Or how to create a
new method? Most people new to Smalltalk I know were startled that they
have to "overwrite" an existing text.

That aside, I also think that the embellishments could be more intuitive,
Marcel. :-) What does (defs only) even mean? Although that at least has a
text